Sunday, January 5, 2014

What I Know About Church Plant Marketing

Hello and welcome to my blog! This is a project I am starting to share what I know about marketing with people who are brave enough to step out there and plant a new Christian Church.

There have been a lot of events over the past ten years that I feel make me a good candidate to teach on this topic:
  • I have been a professional marketer since 2001. It is my full-time job and it is something I am wildly passionate about!
  • I currently work for a company that teaches real estate agents how to market their business online. We focus on free and inexpensive ways to get found using online marketing.
  • I have moved several times in recent year so I truly understand the "church shopping" experience. It can be quite unpleasant, but it doesn't have to be.
  • I joined a church plant called +Imprint Church of Woodinville, WA  in the fall of 2012 and have been their volunteer marketing person since their launch.
Lately, it feels like I am starting to get more questions about some of the tricks and tactics we are using to help get our own church discovered in the search engines and through social media, so this blog is a place where I am going to reveal what works, what fails, and everything in between!

My intent is to teach church planting pastors and pastors of small churches the basics of marketing for free. I don't have any plans to build a business, this is just stuff I know and love that I want to share.

I truly hope that the ideas you read in my blog help your small church thrive and introduce you people who are looking for a church to call home.  They need you and you need them.... let's do this together!